Planning Your Visit
Admission and Hours
Admission is free
Summer Hours (April through November): 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (last admission at 4:30 p.m.)
Winter Hours (December through March): 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (last admission at 4:30 p.m.)
Wednesdays (open on holiday Wednesdays)
December 29 through January 5
The museum may also be closed temporarily for maintenance or renewing exhibits.
Guided tours (available only in Japanese)
A staff-guided tour of around 30 minutes is given twice a day in Japanese.
- (1) 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- (2) 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Reservations are not required.
- For the guided tours, please gather in the Entrance Hall of the museum before the tour begins.
- Please note that we can accommodate 20 visitors per tour.
- We welcome wheelchair users, and will escort you into the museum via ramps. When you arrive, please ring the buzzer located about 20 meters to the right of the Main Entrance.
- Two wheelchairs are available inside the building, free of charge, on a first-come, first-served basis for the use of visitors to the museum. Please ask at the front desk if you wish to borrow them.
- There are accessible restrooms, and a baby chair and a baby changing table may be found in the women's restroom.
- We welcome assistance dogs (guide, service, or hearing dogs).
- An automated external defibrillator (AED) is located in the museum and available for emergency use.
Information leaflets are available in Japanese, English, and Chinese (PDF files open in new window).
Notes on Your Visit
- Visitors are recommended to use public transportation. Please refrain from arriving by vehicle, motorcycle, or bicycle.
- Please refrain from flash photography or the use of tripods. Visitors are also requested to refrain from using a cellphone while walking or playing games on handheld devices for safety reasons.
- Please follow staff guidance and keep your voices low.
- Note that visitors behaving in a disruptive fashion will be asked to leave.